17th Floor, Sun House, 90 Connaught Road Central
Tim Elliott is the Managing Director at Lau, Horton & Wise LLP. He advises on a wide range of debt and leasing transactions across the asset and commodity classes. He works with export credit agencies, owners, banks, lessors and portfolio managers, in particular on aircraft, shipping, offshore marine, and oil and gas financings and all associated equipment procurement, chartering and operating arrangements. Tim’s experience includes advising on syndicated debt and capital markets offerings, portfolio sales and corporate purchases, leasing and funds formation, tax structuring and work-outs. A number of innovative transactions on which he has acted, both for operators and financial institutions, have won a number of international awards.
- OSX Brasil SA on the $420m FPSO OSX 1 syndicated debt financing; $850m FPSO OSX 2 project financing, $500m FPSO OSX 3 high yield capital markets financing; secured and unsecured corporate, LC and collateral lines; and well-head production platforms and Rio shipyard construction loans (export-credit backed). Tim is also acting as principal counsel to the OSX corporate group in connection with its entry into processo de recuperação judicial in Brazil.
- Bumi Armada on the $200m project financing of the D1 FPSO on charter to ONGC offshore India.
- Anonymised client on the chartering and financing of two floating, storage and regassification units (FSRUs) and acting for a Mediterranean power company and a South American oil and gas major in the long term chartering of two additional FSRUs.
- Anonymised private equity team on the acquisition of shares, the establishment of a new limited liability partnership and the restructuring of the corporate ownership interests of certain SPC LNG carrier owners.
- Barclays Capital as arranger and sole book runner on the $200m Singapore listed convertible bond offered by Nigerian offshore operator Sea Trucks Group, secured on over 20 offshore support vessels. Also on the intercreditor arrangements between the bondholders and existing senior lenders.
- Export Credit Agencies Euler Hermes, UK Export Finance, Coface, SACE and EDC on the delivery financing of over 60 Airbus, ATR, Bombardier and Augusta aircraft and helicopters for airlines, lessors and operators around the world and assisting the Airbus ECAs Hermes, UK Export Finance and Coface on the drafting of the ECA harmonised documents.
- FTSE 100 company on its corporate jet programme, including a corporate jet sale and the purchase of a majority aircraft interest in a fractionalised programme.
Oil & Gas
- An international investment bank on two monetisation programmes for the in-tank purchase and resale of oil commodities in international waters. Also acting for a South American oil and gas producer on the structuring of a secured oil receivables financing on a pre-export financing basis.
- GE Energy Financial Services on a financing of various North Sea assets.
- $500m FPSO OSX 3 Project Financing: Public Debt Deal of the Year, Offshore (Marine Money Awards).
- $420m FPSO OSX 1 Project Financing: Shipping Debt Deal of the Year, South America (Jane’s Transport Finance Awards) and Project Finance Deal of the Year (Marine Money Awards).
- $850m FPSO OSX 2 Project Financing: Oil & Gas Deal of the Year, Americas (Project Finance International) and Latin American Upstream Deal of the Year (Euromoney).
- $411m financing of 3 LNG carriers for Angelicoussis: Deal of the Year in the Bank Debt Category (Marine Money Awards).
- $400m Sevan Driller financing: Deal of the Year (Lloyds Shipping Economist), Europe Debt Deal of the Year (Jane's Transport Finance Awards).
- $1,100mn Dryships Skopelos and Kithira drillship financing: Debt Deal of the Year (Jane's Transport Finance Awards).
1996 – BA, Oxford University, Oxford