Highlights of our experience in Commodity Disputes
- A Hong Kong based trader in a series of successful arbitrations against defaulting buyers and their guarantors in arbitration proceedings in Hong Kong, Australia and London, as well as coordinating enforcement proceedings in China.
- A Dubai sugar trader in RSA arbitration arising out of the discovery of cocaine in shipments of sugar.
- A Hong Kong based trader in obtaining injunctions preventing funds from being dispersed when it became the victim of a cyber-attack.
- A Japanese trading house in relation to breaches of a coal supply contract by a Taiwanese customer.
- A Singaporean trading company in respect of a dispute with a Chinese bank arising out of the bank’s refusal to pay under an irrevocable letter of credit due to alleged discrepancies.
- A Hong Kong iron ore trading company with debts of US$300 million in relation to winding-up proceedings, including advising the officers and shareholders of the company on their personal liabilities arising from the default under the banking facilities which contained personal guarantees.
- A Kong company on disputes arising under an exclusive distribution agreement relating to India involving the largest producer of olive oil products.
- A well-known Japanese manufacturer in respect of its liability arising out of one of its transformers failing on the Hong Kong Mass Transit Railway system causing a fire and passengers being trapped in the tunnel.