Our work covers the full spectrum of shipping disputes, whether in Court proceedings, arbitration or mediation, including:
- Charterparty disputes: delivery and redelivery, off-hire, laytime and demurrage, bunker quantities and specifications, oil major approvals, vessel’s speed and consumption, hold cleaning, cargo and trading restrictions, damage to hull, machinery and engines, unsafe ports, frustration and force majeure, non-payment of hire and repudiation, exercise of liens, hull fouling, cargo indemnity claims including issues with lost, switched or fraudulent bills of lading, personal injury and death claims and dangerous cargo.
- Bill of lading disputes: quality / quantity of cargo, misdelivery, cargo loss, damage and shortage in respect of individual claim as well as representing the market in large casualties. The work often involves related issues such as claims arising in multimodal transit including rail, truck, air and warehousing / storage, as well as drafting terms and conditions for carriers.
- Shipbuilding, ship repair, subcontractor disputes, performance and refund guarantees, and ship sale and purchase.
- Marine casualty, including collisions, salvage, general average, total loss, piracy, fire and explosion, stability, liquefaction, pollution, towage and wreck removal.
- Brokerage and brokers’ liability.
- Ship management, including contractual disputes relating to duties and obligation, unpaid fees and disbursements, crewing issues and employment contracts, termination of agreement and drafting ship management contracts.